Some GK drawings

John Nevarez consistently delivers fantastic drawings and an un-ending list of blogs to check out. You’ll be happy if you check the first on his list from yesterday for some work from a past guest.

Related posts:

1. @Animpodcast on Twitter and #Animtip Tuesdays
  2. More to come
  3. My Comicon checklist
  4. Chris Sanders’ official site
  5. One of a kind Glen Keane skateboard deck

9 Responses to “Some GK drawings”

1. Benjamin DS says:

Yeah, I noticed that as well. A lot of it is already on the net or on DVD’s, but I’ve never seen those life drawings before. Beautiful!

2. I think he did most of those life drawings on Pocahontas. They made the rounds on the copiers here at work. If I remember correctly, Glen mentioned to someone that the originals have since disappeared.

3. Those life drawings were from an even bigger set(!) that someone had posted on their site back in 2000, printed them all out and carried them around with me. Damn, I just remember being struck by how they looked so easily executed!

4. Paul says:

Dat guy is a GENIUS! I’m gonna get to that level Clay, you just wait! LOL! Seriously…

5. Spaceman says:

I highlly recommand to check this guy life drawing blog:

He teches Life Drawing class for Classical Animators. amazing stuff

6. emma says:

why doesnt he (or disney…) bring out an animation book…. (like andreas deja and alot of the others should do…) if they can make a book on ‘the art of finding nemo’ they should make a book on ‘the art of Glen Keane’…. or the other many talented animators…. such as chris sanders, baxter, henn and the other guys…. it would be wonderful… i would love to see a progression from the pictures of their live models through to the final character design…. fascinating stuff…. :)

7. Alan Cook says:

Seems that someone’s started an “Art of Glen Keane” blog while we wait for such a sketchbook.

Check it out here.

Also, Chris Sanders did release a sketchbook at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con. It’s only an ashcan-sized book but it’s still an absolute treat and I recommend checking it out. I believe Budplant.com and a few other online stores have it available for $15 USD.

Hopefully Glen Keane, Deja, Henn, et al will follow!

8. John says:

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

9. Lusidvicel says:

Hello, i love animationpodcast.com! Let me in, please :)